Web.config problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rsht, Feb 5, 2008.

  1. rsht

    rsht Guest

    I am trying to move an application to a new server. After that, I made
    a change in the web.config for the "User ID" and Password since the
    SQL server account is different. When I try to access the application,
    I have the following error in the browser. Would please anyone give me
    idea what I have missed? Many thanks!!

    Server Error in '/WorkBuddy' Application.

    Configuration Error
    configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details below and modify your configuration file
    appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section
    'connectionStrings'

    Source Error:

    Line 10: <configuration>
    Line 11: <appSettings/>
    Line 12: <connectionStrings>
    Line 13: <add name="MYDATAConnectionString" connectionString="Data
    Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=MYDATA;User
    ID=sql999;Password=xxxxxxx" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    Line 14: </connectionStrings>

    Source File: D:\Webpages\Workbuddy\web.config Line: 12

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

    rsht, Feb 5, 2008

  2. Hi,

    Please ask your hosting provider to set your web application to use ASP.NET
    2.0 instead of ASP.NET 1.1. This is most probably why it doesn't recognize
    your web.config file.

    Your application is being hosted with ASP.NET 1.1:

    --
    All the best,
    Coskun SUNALI

    Coskun SUNALI [MVP], Feb 5, 2008

  3. Just to add to other post about hosting provider,
    some time hoster provides u a functionality to configuare IIS, where u can
    change the asp.net version manually

    --
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    Blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    Michael Nemtsev, Feb 5, 2008
  4. rsht

    rsht Guest

    Thanks Coskun and Michael!

    I have installed V2.0.50727, and again, it's still the same problem.
    It still display the same error (and old version of ASP.NET).

    I have full access to the server, would you let know how I can set the
    IIS to use different version of ASP.NET?

    rsht, Feb 5, 2008
  5. run aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    this command rebind your IIS properties to ASP.NET 2.0

    after than u need to go to the IIS Management, check your site, right mouse
    click -> properties

    And specify the ASP.NET 2.0 version in the latest tab of the property windows

    after that restart IIS

    Michael Nemtsev, Feb 5, 2008
  6. Hi,

    Michael has written what I was going to write. I hope it worked for you this
    time.

    --
    All the best,
    Coskun SUNALI