Web.config problem

rsht

I am trying to move an application to a new server. After that, I made
a change in the web.config for the "User ID" and Password since the
SQL server account is different. When I try to access the application,
I have the following error in the browser. Would please anyone give me
idea what I have missed? Many thanks!!

Server Error in '/WorkBuddy' Application.

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
specific error details below and modify your configuration file
appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section
'connectionStrings'

Source Error:

Line 10: <configuration>
Line 11: <appSettings/>
Line 12: <connectionStrings>
Line 13: <add name="MYDATAConnectionString" connectionString="Data
Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=MYDATA;User
ID=sql999;Password=xxxxxxx" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
Line 14: </connectionStrings>

Source File: D:\Webpages\Workbuddy\web.config Line: 12

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

Hi,

Please ask your hosting provider to set your web application to use ASP.NET
2.0 instead of ASP.NET 1.1. This is most probably why it doesn't recognize
your web.config file.

Your application is being hosted with ASP.NET 1.1:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

--
All the best,
Coskun SUNALI

Michael Nemtsev

Just to add to other post about hosting provider,
some time hoster provides u a functionality to configuare IIS, where u can
change the asp.net version manually

rsht

Thanks Coskun and Michael!

I have installed V2.0.50727, and again, it's still the same problem.
It still display the same error (and old version of ASP.NET).

I have full access to the server, would you let know how I can set the
IIS to use different version of ASP.NET?

Michael Nemtsev

run aspnet_regiis.exe -i
this command rebind your IIS properties to ASP.NET 2.0

after than u need to go to the IIS Management, check your site, right mouse
click -> properties

And specify the ASP.NET 2.0 version in the latest tab of the property windows

after that restart IIS

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

Hi,

Michael has written what I was going to write. I hope it worked for you this
time.

--
All the best,
Coskun SUNALI

Michael Nemtsev said:
run aspnet_regiis.exe -i
this command rebind your IIS properties to ASP.NET 2.0

after than u need to go to the IIS Management, check your site, right
mouse
click -> properties

And specify the ASP.NET 2.0 version in the latest tab of the property
windows

after that restart IIS
--
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].