web.config section encryption and IIS7

Olivier MATROT

I'm using ASP.NET 2.0 on IIS7.
I would like to encrypt some configuration section in the web.config file.
However, after doing this, I only have blank pages when accessing the site.
There is no error at all.
Going back to an unencrypted web.config solve the problem.
Any help appreciated.

TIA.

Olivier MATROT

Found the solution myself.

The encryption is unsupported with an appPool runing in Integrated managed
pipeline mode.

I've switched to Classic pipeline mode and it is working fine.