web.config section encryption fails

Olivier MATROT

Hello,
Im using ASP.NET 2.0.
I'm trying to encrypt the connectionStrings section of the web.config file
with the following command :
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pef
"connectionStrings" "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NAWEB3"

Usually this is working fine but today one of our customers encounters the
following error message :
Failed to encrypt the section 'connectionStrings' using provider
'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider: Object
already esists.

I could not figure out what is wrong but I suspect an operating system
configuration issue.
Any Help appreciated.
TIA.