    Jon Paal Guest

    any free web.config tools available ?

    VWD doesn't count as it does not offer any wizards or hints for web.config files.

    Jon Paal, Oct 17, 2006

  2. not sure exactly what kinda tool your looking for or what your trying to
    achieve, but this video clip has some tips and tricks:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...92-499f-8219-0d326f13bf18/hilo_tips_final.wmv

    also, if you do a properties on the website or virtual directory (whatever
    the root of the web.config file is) and .NET tab, there is a global
    configuration tab that can edit the properties of the web.config file.

    --
    The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsY3lvbg==?=, Oct 17, 2006

  3. I'm assuming the 2.0 "Web Site Administration Tool" isn't what you're referring
    to as a tool; however, for a graphical interface, isn't too shabby. The
    IIS interface (ASP.NET tab) is also pretty functional for editing if you're
    unfamiliar with the syntax.

    What are you looking for the tool to do? It's hard to recommend a tool without
    knowing the task. :)

    -dl

    --
    David Longnecker
    Web Developer

    David R. Longnecker, Oct 17, 2006
  4. Jon   Paal

    Jon Paal Guest

    thanks to all --

    I just want to open a file and edit it with a smart tool.

    I will use the ASP.NET tab tool from IIS, since it appears to be the only viable tool available.
    but it would be nice if MS had a wizard for this sort of thing ...

    "Web Site Administration Tool" is of no value from what I can see...

    Jon Paal, Oct 17, 2006