    Any sample /web site link would be highly Appriciated

    Regards
    Armoghan

    Armoghan Asif, Jul 23, 2007

  2. Armoghan Asif

    Riki Guest

    Armoghan Asif wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am relatively new to ASP.NET but has worked on Windows Forms for
    > 4-5 years
    > How to make a web container control, which has a header/Footer, Right
    > and left panel and inside it is a Panel/Div anything which can
    > container other controls.
    >
    > I want to create such a control using designer and then when the
    > programmer adds it to his Page using drag and drop from toolbox, he
    > should be able to add other controls like Button etc in the place
    > holder created for him
    > Is this possible to achieve?
    > Any sample /web site link would be highly Appriciated
    >
    > Regards
    > Armoghan

    You want to make a composite control with inner content.

    Look here:
    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx#innercontent

    --
    Riki

    Riki, Jul 23, 2007

  3. I've posted an example here that accomplishes your goal by inheriting from
    the Panel control and extending it with custom sections
    Here are all the details:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/VisiPanel.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jul 25, 2007