Web Control Deployment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mythran, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Mythran

    Mythran Guest

    I've got a web control which is deployed onto several in-house developer's
    computers so they can include the control in their web projects. This control is
    packaged using Inno Setup (not .Net's default installer). Everything works fine
    and dandy for the web control installation (with a few minor adjustments when
    setup is being compiled each time). Much better for installing web controls.

    Now, when installing the web control's sample project, I've created a script
    which creates the WebVirtualDirectory in IIS, sets up the permission of the IIS
    virtual directory, adds DefaultDoc property and sets it to the default property.
    Good, dandy, now I need to make sure the permissions are correct for what .Net
    sets. Can anyone help with this? The following properties are what I need to
    double check the values to make sure I'm right:

    ..AccessExecute = False
    ..AccessNoRemoteExecute = True
    ..AccessNoRemoteRead = False
    ..AccessNoRemoteScript = True
    ..AccessNoRemoteWrite = True
    ..AccessRead = True
    ..AccessScript = True
    ..AccessSource = False
    ..AccessWrite = False
    ..EnableDirBrowsing = False

    Thanks :)

    Also, is there any other way to install a control into the GAC w/o using gacutil
    or windows installer (but still do it programatically through script)?

    Mythran

    Mythran, Jan 5, 2004