    If I try to stretch it out to see it, all that changes is it's width. Ordinarily the control name and object name would appear, but now I have nothing. And to make it worse, if I ever click off of it, it's next to impossible to find again because it's invisible. The control's visiblity is set to visibly, so why does it disappear? Has anyone encountered this before?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Jay, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Jay - you have to create a control designer.You can create a very simple one
    to represent the control at run time or you can create really quite complex
    ones too.

    see: http://www.theserverside.net/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=25105

    "Jay" <confused@times> wrote in message
    > I created a custom web control and added it to my toolbox is VS.Net. Now

    when I drag in onto a page in design view, it has no "interface" for lack of
    a better word. Instead of appearing as a grey box (or similar), it's just
    surrounded by the tiny box cluster (when a control is selected).

    Nick Stansbury, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Nick:

    Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look and see if that will fix the problem. Although, it worked just fine before; which is why it seems very odd to me.

    Jay, Dec 8, 2004