Web Controls and XHTML

Joseba Alonso

Hi all,

Im developing a custom user control that writes HTML like this:

<code>
writer.AddAttribute("class","menuItemactive");
writer.RenderBeginTag("div");
writer.Write(text);
writer.RenderEndTag();
</code>

But when this is rendered in a not IE browser, it turned to a old-style
table layout. I want my application rendering strict XHTML and no tables
without care of user agent. There is a way to avoid this behaviour and make
it render exactly what im telling it?

TIA