Web Custom Control Problem: error creating control aspnethostingpermission error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Deniz Miscioglu, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. I have VS.Net2003 on WinXP with Framework1.1

    I create a web custom control project, compile it. Then,
    I create an asp.net web app and add my custom web control
    to the toolbox. Until this point everything is ok.

    Now, When I try to drag my customcontrol1 from the
    toolbox onto the webform1.aspx, visual studio does not
    allow me to drop it on the page, wihtout any error
    messages.

    Then, I switched to the html view, added my control to
    the page manually and switched to the design view again
    and I saw the control on the page as an "Error Creating
    Control Icon". When I move the mouse pointer over it, it
    says:
    "error creating control: parser error request for the
    permission of type system.web.aspnethostingpermission,
    system, version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey
    Token=b77a5c561934e089 failed"

    I prepared another clean win xp and vs.net2003
    installation on another pc without adding it to our
    domain, and it worked.

    Then I tried it on another pc in the domain and the same
    problem occured.

    Could you please help me in determining the reason and
    the solution of this problem?

    Thanks in advance.
    Deniz Miscioglu
    Hurriyet Internet Hizmetleri ve Tic. A.S.
    Deniz Miscioglu, Oct 17, 2003

  2. I realized that this problem is because of folder
    redirection. How can I avoid this without cancelling
    folder redirection?

    TIA
    Deniz Miscioglu

    Deniz Miscioglu, Oct 19, 2003