web database access locked

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Carlos Solis, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Carlos Solis

    Carlos Solis Guest

    Good day

    I am having a problem developing a web application for an
    on line catalog. I
    am using ms access XP on an XP professional platfrom. I
    have been able to
    succesfully develop a web page to query the database to
    produce a list of
    items in groups of 10, but when I request the next 10
    items the server
    returns the following error:

    "Error Type:
    Provider (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error
    /ECOTAssets/AssetList.asp, line 5"

    after a few seconds (about 30), if I hit reload the page
    will actually load.

    I have already given the IUSR_Machine account modify
    rights over the folder that holds the database.

    I am assuming that the database is locked or something
    like that. How can I
    get it to work with out these waiting periods?

    Thanks very much.

    Carlos Solis, Jun 9, 2004

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2142
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2009