web deployment assembly error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rach, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Rach

    Rach Guest

    I've created a asp.net application with vb code behind that creates reports
    off a sql database. I've utilized the interop assemblies and the ado dll to
    generate Excel files. Works perfectly on my local machine.

    Moving it to the web server has proven problematic. The interop assemblies
    are not on the webserver and office is of course not installed on the server.

    The interop assemblies and the ado dll were added to my project (I'm using
    Visual Studio) and they are in the bin folder on the webserver, but I'm
    getting this error on the server:

    could not load file or assembly 'ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one ...

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should procede?

    Rach

    --
    I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. - Thomas
    Alva Edison
    Rach, Sep 19, 2008