Web Deployment Project location/Authorization replacement

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chuck, Sep 16, 2009.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    I have a sub directory in an asp.net project with its own web.config.
    During "Test" the Role Test is authorized for the sub directory.
    During "Release" the test role is not authorized in the sub directory.

    I don't believe the web deployment project allows replacing sections in
    web.config files nested in sub directories?

    I tried deleting the nested web.config and creating a"location" section in
    the root web.config. However, the web deployment project errors with error
    WDP00002: "missing section location".

    I can kind of see this erroring since their could be multiple locations
    sections within a web.config with each Location section having a different
    Path element.

    Is there a good way to change what roles are authorized in a sub directory
    with a web deployment project configuration.

    thanks,
    Chuck, Sep 16, 2009