Web Deployment Projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Otis Mukinfus, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. I'm trying to use the Enable Web.config file section replace ment option, but
    can't seem to get it to work.

    Here is a sample of the section I put in a file named 'ConnectionString.config'.

    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="SomeConnectionString" connectionString="Data
    Source=SomeDataSource;Initial Catalog=SomeCatalog;Persist Security
    Info=True;User ID=AUser;Password=APassword"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

    Here is the section in the config file I'm trying to replace:

    <connectionStrings configSource="ConnectionString.config">
    </connectionStrings>

    When I run the deployment projects compile I get the following error:

    Error 103 web.config(1): error WDP00002: missing section ConnectionStrings.

    Of course in the documentation there is no example of how external file should
    be.

    Can anyone help with this?
    Good luck with your project,

    Otis Mukinfus