Web Deployment. Rename Directory and File. Is this possible?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Jan 5, 2008.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    shapper, Jan 5, 2008

  2. "shapper" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I am using Visual Studio 2008 and Web Deployment Projects:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/a...l-studio-2008-december-2007-ctp-released.aspx
    >
    > Is it possible to rename a directory and a folder when the web site
    > building finishes?
    >
    > I was trying to do something inside the <Target Name="AfterBuild"> but
    > until know I couldn't find a command for this.

    1) Use the <MakeDir /> tag to create the new directory

    2) Use the <Copy SourceFiles /> tag to copy files from the directory you
    want to "rename" into the new directory

    3) Use the <RemoveDir /> tag to delete the directory you want to "rename"

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 5, 2008

  3. shapper

    shapper Guest

    On Jan 5, 4:15 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "shapper" <> wrote in message

    > > I am using Visual Studio 2008 and Web Deployment Projects:
    > >http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/12/01/web-deployment-p...

    > > Is it possible to rename a directory and a folder when the web site
    > > building finishes?

    > > I was trying to do something inside the <Target Name="AfterBuild"> but
    > > until know I couldn't find a command for this.

    > 1) Use the <MakeDir /> tag to create the new directory
    >
    > 2) Use the <Copy SourceFiles /> tag to copy files from the directory you
    > want to "rename" into the new directory
    >
    > 3) Use the <RemoveDir /> tag to delete the directory you want to "rename"
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    And to rename a file?