    What else should designers take account of when starting out?

    Thanks,

    Andy :)

    Andy, Nov 7, 2009

  2. Andy wrote:

    > So for example screen resolutions and the fix would be using
    > appropriate layout style - fixed, fluid or elastic. Or the universal
    > selector * at the start of a style sheet to zero margins and padding
    > etc.

    See answers about resolution in alt.www.webmaster where you posted a
    similar query.

    Think Fluid.

    Universal selector * -- only if you need it for some specific reason.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 7, 2009

  3. On Nov 7, 9:43 am, Andy <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to make a list of the most common variables & fixes designers
    > must take account of when designing...
    > What else should designers take account of when starting out?

    Why limit yourself right from the start? Think about who the site is
    designed to reach, and the kinds of things they like. For example,
    maybe flexible width and as non intrusive to the visitor as possible
    if the site is designed for (say) financial or bank information.

    But if you are selling porn then you may want an image heavy, fixed
    width, flash video heavy site.

    Swap the styles around and both sites fail. I think as a designer you
    need to know the pros and cons of different styles so you can guide
    your client in the best direction for his product or company.
    Completely eliminating any technology can only server to limit your
    clients.

    Travis Newbury, Nov 7, 2009