    but don't really know what to charge them.

    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Brian

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bss0j4$qlur$-berlin.de>

    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Web_design_business

    --
    brucie
    31/December/2003 12:10:52 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 30, 2003

  3. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > What is the average fee that people charge for web design and maintenance?
    > Just curious. I have a few people who would like me to handle their

    websites
    > but don't really know what to charge them.

    Most seasoned professionals charge by the hour - and charge whatever amount
    they feel is justified and they can get away with. ;-)

    You'll have to decide your pricing for yourself, based on your skill and
    self-worth. There is no "average" price. Figure out how long it takes you
    to design a main page template and 1 subpage template. Then, figure out how
    much you want to make per hour.

    You'll find kids with a copy of FrontPage and absolutely no skill whatsoever
    charging $10 a page. You'll also find professionals making decent sites for
    $10, $50, $100, $1000, $10,000 a page. It all depends on how good they are
    and who their target market is.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Brian

    somebody Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:03:14 -0600, Brian wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > What is the average fee that people charge for web design and maintenance?
    > Just curious. I have a few people who would like me to handle their websites
    > but don't really know what to charge them.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    I don't get out of bed for less than $500/day.

    somebody, Dec 30, 2003
  5. In article <bss0j4$qlur$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > What is the average fee that people charge for web design and maintenance?
    > Just curious. I have a few people who would like me to handle their websites
    > but don't really know what to charge them.

    Either US$2,400 or US$19,000. Also, any other random number greater
    than US$2,000 that you can come up with.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 30, 2003