Web Design question

Erez

I have an EAR application with two WEB modules:
- SITE web module
- ADMIN web module

1) Is it a good idea to separate them? or is it better to put the two into
one module?

2) One requirement I have is to count the number of online users. Using a
listener on the SITE web module to count the online users is fine, but where
can I store this information so the Admin web application users could have
access to it?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Erez