Web Design work 1 day side project

WJ

I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.

I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
and a css style sheet.

I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
with a "creative eye."

If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.

Thanks!

saz

I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.

I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
and a css style sheet.

I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
with a "creative eye."

If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.

Thanks!

I love it when a prospective client tells me how long it will take to
complete the project. My rule of thumb is to double their estimate.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WJ said:
If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour, and some
links to demonstrate other work you've done.

I tried, but the button doesn't work... :-(

<sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

If you manage to contact the OP, you might get some more working fixing
the form as well. :)

Hywel Jenkins

I love it when a prospective client tells me how long it will take to
complete the project. My rule of thumb is to double their estimate.

They're consultants, so they know best.

Travis Newbury

WJ said:
I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work...

What do you guys do? From your about us page:

"Silverlion is a group of affliated professionals with extensive
experience working with major regional and national consulting firms.
With years of experience in working with partners of organizations such
as Microsoft and IBM, our staff provides the same level of skill and
expertise you would expect from a major consulting firm for about one
half the price.

Silverlion is able to do this because we have little of the overhead
associated with traditional consulting services. The dollars you spend
with Silverlion go primarily to the staff working with your
organization, with a small amount going toward overhead, such as
accounting, office, and staff upkeep."

What the heck do you consult about? Do you just walk into a company and
say "Well, we're here, ready to consult... Where's my consulting
chair? Hey wheres the consulting coffee?"
I can understand the "half price" part now...

Karl Core

What the heck do you consult about? Do you just walk into a company and
say "Well, we're here, ready to consult... Where's my consulting
chair? Hey wheres the consulting coffee?"

"By the way, anyone know where I can get some subcontractors for some web
work"?

kchayka

Mark said:
Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

If you manage to contact the OP, you might get some more working fixing
the form as well. :)

Don't miss fixing the navigation menu to work without JS, too. ;)

WJ

I tried, but the button doesn't work... :-(

I've received three messages so far. The button
works in IE 6 and Firefox.

I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though. ;-)

Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic
need not apply.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WJ said:
I've received three messages so far. The button works in IE 6 and
Firefox.

You missed the .. ah .. humor there. Your button does not work if
JavaScript is disabled or unavailable, such as it might be behind a
company's corporate firewall that strips all scripts for security reasons.

I seem to recall that the Googlebot can't do JavaScript either. I just
tried googling for numerous phrases from about your site, and it
appears that only your main page is indexed.
I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though. ;-)

You should consider changing the site so something as important as
navigation is not dependent on what options available to the browser.

Have a look at this:
Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic need
not apply.

<g> As someone else mentioned, you could add some content that
describes what you really do... besides "consult".

I like the actual layout and design. Nice, clean, and a good lookin'
lion. But .. Content is the King of Beasts.

saz

Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic
need not apply.
Count me along the sarcastic - and I have no desire to apply.

What makes you think this could be done in 8 hours? You just drove away
alot of people that could have helped, but now see your expectations as
unrealistic. When someone says to me it will only take 8 hours to
complete, I politely tell them it takes whatever it takes, and you will
be billed accordingly. If they only want to pay for 8 hours, that's all
they get - possibly an incomplete job.

Now do you understand?

Matthias Gutfeldt

WJ said:
Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic
need not apply.

Personally, I wouldn't consider anyone who is NOT sarcastic. It'd prove
he doesn't know this business.

Matthias

Sean

I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
with a "creative eye."

I think these guys might be exactly what you are looking for
http://www.huhcorp.com

They specialize in consulting with consultants. They do some amazing stuff.

Check out their site and see for yourself.
If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.

I know huhcorp isn't cheap, but they can get the job done better
than anyone in the whole world - guaranteed.

WJ

I seem to recall that the Googlebot can't do JavaScript either. I just
tried googling for numerous phrases from about your site, and it
appears that only your main page is indexed.

You should consider changing the site so something as important as
navigation is not dependent on what options available to the browser.

Have a look at this:
<http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http://www.silverlion.com
%2F>

Good point on the Googlebot. To be honest, I did put much emphasis on the
Lynx browser.
While the philosophy is sound, I've never met a decision maker who ran it
routinely.
In fact, I'm thinking back through. . . .every demo I've done on site always
had IE as their browser.

But your suggestions are sound. When I wrap this project up, I'll look at
that again,
although I'm more of a back end person, not much on web design, hence my
need for somebody with that skill. :p

<g> As someone else mentioned, you could add some content that
describes what you really do... besides "consult".

I like the actual layout and design. Nice, clean, and a good lookin'
lion. But .. Content is the King of Beasts.

When the purpose of the site is lead generation, this is absoultely true!
My business comes from direct relationships, but I need a website anyway
since my focus is web development.