    contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
    and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.

    Thanks!

    WJ, Jan 27, 2005

  2. WJ

    saz Guest

    In article <K0ZJd.10263$rw.5242@fed1read04>, says...
    > I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.
    >
    > I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
    > and a css style sheet.
    >
    > I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
    > with a "creative eye."
    >
    > If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
    > contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
    > and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I love it when a prospective client tells me how long it will take to
    complete the project. My rule of thumb is to double their estimate.

    saz, Jan 27, 2005

  3. WJ wrote:

    > If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
    > contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour, and some
    > links to demonstrate other work you've done.

    I tried, but the button doesn't work... :-(

    <sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 27, 2005
  4. WJ

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> said:

    > <sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

    If you manage to contact the OP, you might get some more working fixing
    the form as well. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jan 27, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <K0ZJd.10263$rw.5242@fed1read04>, says...
    > > I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.
    > >
    > > I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
    > > and a css style sheet.
    > >
    > > I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
    > > with a "creative eye."
    > >
    > > If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
    > > contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
    > > and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >

    > I love it when a prospective client tells me how long it will take to
    > complete the project. My rule of thumb is to double their estimate.

    They're consultants, so they know best.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 27, 2005
  6. WJ wrote:
    > I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work...

    What do you guys do? From your about us page:

    "Silverlion is a group of affliated professionals with extensive
    experience working with major regional and national consulting firms.
    With years of experience in working with partners of organizations such
    as Microsoft and IBM, our staff provides the same level of skill and
    expertise you would expect from a major consulting firm for about one
    half the price.

    Silverlion is able to do this because we have little of the overhead
    associated with traditional consulting services. The dollars you spend
    with Silverlion go primarily to the staff working with your
    organization, with a small amount going toward overhead, such as
    accounting, office, and staff upkeep."

    What the heck do you consult about? Do you just walk into a company and
    say "Well, we're here, ready to consult... Where's my consulting
    chair? Hey wheres the consulting coffee?"
    I can understand the "half price" part now...

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jan 27, 2005
  7. WJ

    Karl Core Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message

    > What the heck do you consult about? Do you just walk into a company and
    > say "Well, we're here, ready to consult... Where's my consulting
    > chair? Hey wheres the consulting coffee?"

    "By the way, anyone know where I can get some subcontractors for some web
    work"?

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":

    Karl Core, Jan 27, 2005
  8. WJ

    kchayka Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> said:
    >
    >> <sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

    > If you manage to contact the OP, you might get some more working fixing
    > the form as well. :)

    Don't miss fixing the navigation menu to work without JS, too. ;)

    kchayka, Jan 27, 2005
  9. WJ

    WJ Guest

    > I tried, but the button doesn't work... :-(

    I've received three messages so far. The button
    works in IE 6 and Firefox.

    I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though. ;-)

    Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic
    need not apply.

    WJ, Jan 28, 2005
  10. WJ wrote:
    >> I tried, but the button doesn't work... :-(

    > I've received three messages so far. The button works in IE 6 and
    > Firefox.

    You missed the .. ah .. humor there. Your button does not work if
    JavaScript is disabled or unavailable, such as it might be behind a
    company's corporate firewall that strips all scripts for security reasons.

    I seem to recall that the Googlebot can't do JavaScript either. I just
    tried googling for numerous phrases from about your site, and it
    appears that only your main page is indexed.

    > I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though. ;-)

    You should consider changing the site so something as important as
    navigation is not dependent on what options available to the browser.

    Have a look at this:
    <http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silverlion.com%2F>

    > Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic need
    > not apply.

    <g> As someone else mentioned, you could add some content that
    describes what you really do... besides "consult".

    I like the actual layout and design. Nice, clean, and a good lookin'
    lion. But .. Content is the King of Beasts.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 28, 2005
  11. WJ

    saz Guest

    In article <xIkKd.11291$rw.9136@fed1read04>, says...

    <snip>

    > Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic
    > need not apply.

    Count me along the sarcastic - and I have no desire to apply.

    What makes you think this could be done in 8 hours? You just drove away
    alot of people that could have helped, but now see your expectations as
    unrealistic. When someone says to me it will only take 8 hours to
    complete, I politely tell them it takes whatever it takes, and you will
    be billed accordingly. If they only want to pay for 8 hours, that's all
    they get - possibly an incomplete job.

    Now do you understand?

    saz, Jan 28, 2005
  12. Matthias Gutfeldt, Jan 28, 2005
  13. WJ

    Sean Guest

    > I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
    > with a "creative eye."

    I think these guys might be exactly what you are looking for
    http://www.huhcorp.com

    They specialize in consulting with consultants. They do some amazing stuff.

    Check out their site and see for yourself.

    > If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
    > contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
    > and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.

    I know huhcorp isn't cheap, but they can get the job done better
    than anyone in the whole world - guaranteed.

    Sean, Jan 28, 2005
  14. WJ

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote:

    >http://www.huhcorp.com
    >
    >They specialize in consulting with consultants. They do some amazing stuff.
    >
    >Check out their site and see for yourself.

    Funny lot.

    I'm not sure if they are ha-ha funny, or funny farm funny :-/
    They are certainly different.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jan 28, 2005
  15. WJ

    WJ Guest

    > I seem to recall that the Googlebot can't do JavaScript either. I just
    > tried googling for numerous phrases from about your site, and it
    > appears that only your main page is indexed.
    >
    > > I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though. ;-)

    > You should consider changing the site so something as important as
    > navigation is not dependent on what options available to the browser.
    >
    > Have a look at this:

    <http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http://www.silverlion.com
    %2F>

    Good point on the Googlebot. To be honest, I did put much emphasis on the
    Lynx browser.
    While the philosophy is sound, I've never met a decision maker who ran it
    routinely.
    In fact, I'm thinking back through. . . .every demo I've done on site always
    had IE as their browser.

    But your suggestions are sound. When I wrap this project up, I'll look at
    that again,
    although I'm more of a back end person, not much on web design, hence my
    need for somebody with that skill. :p

    > <g> As someone else mentioned, you could add some content that
    > describes what you really do... besides "consult".
    >
    > I like the actual layout and design. Nice, clean, and a good lookin'
    > lion. But .. Content is the King of Beasts.

    When the purpose of the site is lead generation, this is absoultely true!
    My business comes from direct relationships, but I need a website anyway
    since my focus is web development.

    WJ, Jan 29, 2005