Web designer arrested for 'stealing' food from dustbins

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tim W, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. Tim W

    Tim W Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Per Tim W:
    >Unbelievable:
    >http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/28/three-charged-vagrancy-act-food-skip-iceland

    "...CPS responded this month that the case would go ahead, because "we
    feel there is significant public interest in prosecuting these three
    individuals"."

    I have to wonder if:

    - The guys doing it arranged to have themselves reported and,
    therefore, arrested

    - The prosecutor's "significant public interest" is in helping
    the "perpetrators" publicize the issue of food waste.

    I'm probably way off base on the second one... but I'm still
    wondering about the first.
    --
    Pete Cresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Jan 29, 2014

  3. Martin Edwards, Jan 29, 2014
  4. On 29/01/2014 16:36, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Martin Edwards wrote:
    >
    >> Tim W wrote:
    >>> Unbelievable:
    >>> http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/28/three-charged-vagrancy-

    > act-food-skip-iceland
    >>>

    >> Iceland has a tiny population and hardly any crime. Perhaps the
    >> authorities were simply bored.

    > LOL!
    >
    > (But are you making a joke, or didn't you understand the event took place
    > in London? ;-) )

    Peccavi, I didn't. I forgot that Iceland is a chain store selling
    frozen food. :-(

    --
    Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
    painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman
    Martin Edwards, Jan 30, 2014
  5. Tim W

    Guest

    , Feb 2, 2014