Web designing

redtooth.yellowtooth.tooth

I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

Ari Heino

(e-mail address removed) kirjoitti seuraavasti:
I have never done any web programming before,

And now you are designing web pages to some company without any
knowledge of web "programming"? Bad idea. You should practice first.
Start from www.htmldog.com for example to get familiar at least with the
basics.
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

When you ask your tailor to make a suit for you, do you ask whether
he/she could make your shoes also?

redtooth.yellowtooth.tooth

(e-mail address removed) kirjoitti seuraavasti:

And now you are designing web pages to some company without any
knowledge of web "programming"? Bad idea. You should practice first.
Start fromwww.htmldog.comfor example to get familiar at least with the
basics.

When you ask your tailor to make a suit for you, do you ask whether
he/she could make your shoes also?

Of course I don't know much about the html stuff
I am not making anything for anyone. Thanks I will learn the basics. :-

Neredbojias

I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ??

A check.
do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

As long as the money keeps rolling in, I'll do anything.

SAZ

@z8g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, (e-mail address removed)
says...
I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

You clearly have no idea what you are doing, so why pick this
profession?

Google for your answers and learn the basics before entering the
business or you are doomed to fail.

dorayme

I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

1. Any text they would like summarised, edited, to be expanded later on
the website. especially a short description of their main company
business.

2. Any pictures they feel might fill me in about them, that might be
used for the website.

3. Any ideas they have about how they would like things organised in the
broad. Number of sections, pages, etc.

This is just a start of a process.

richard

On Mon, 18 May 2009 09:41:01 -0700 (PDT),
I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

First, you'll need an editing tool. Plenty of free ones to choose
from.

Any standard text editor will do.

Now check out www.oswd.org
Thousands of various designs to work with.
Pick a few, work on them, present to client and charge out the ass.

Oh yeah, and learn html and css in the process.

MotzaBall

I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ??

Not knowing anything about web programming, I'd suggest you should ask them
to hand you cash.

Then, you should outsource the work.

William Gill

I have never done any web programming before,
When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

Any promotional material they already have, a copy of their letterhead,
business cards, anything that describes what they do and how they do it.
In short I need to familiarize myself with their logs, corporate color
schemes, and in a general sense familiarize myself with anything that
will make their website an extension of them, not an example of what I
can do.