    What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    , May 18, 2009

  2. Ari Heino Guest

    kirjoitti seuraavasti:
    > I have never done any web programming before,

    And now you are designing web pages to some company without any
    knowledge of web "programming"? Bad idea. You should practice first.
    Start from www.htmldog.com for example to get familiar at least with the
    basics.

    > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    > the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    When you ask your tailor to make a suit for you, do you ask whether
    he/she could make your shoes also?

    --
    Ari
    http://users.utu.fi/athein/

    Ari Heino, May 18, 2009

    On May 18, 11:53 pm, Ari Heino <> wrote:
    > kirjoitti seuraavasti:
    >
    > > I have never done any web programming before,

    > And now you are designing web pages to some company without any
    > knowledge of web "programming"? Bad idea. You should practice first.
    > Start fromwww.htmldog.comfor example to get familiar at least with the
    > basics.
    >
    > > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > > What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    > > the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    > When you ask your tailor to make a suit for you, do you ask whether
    > he/she could make your shoes also?
    >
    > --
    > Arihttp://users.utu.fi/athein/

    Of course I don't know much about the html stuff
    I am not making anything for anyone. Thanks I will learn the basics. :-

    , May 18, 2009
  4. Neredbojias Guest

    On 18 May 2009, wrote:

    > I have never done any web programming before,
    > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > What usually do you ask them to hand you ??

    A check.

    > do you have to write all
    > the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    As long as the money keeps rolling in, I'll do anything.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, May 18, 2009
  5. SAZ Guest

    In article <bab77db4-8693-4187-b88c-fd3458fc76e2
    @z8g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
    says...
    > I have never done any web programming before,
    > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    > the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    You clearly have no idea what you are doing, so why pick this
    profession?

    Google for your answers and learn the basics before entering the
    business or you are doomed to fail.

    SAZ, May 18, 2009
  6. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > I have never done any web programming before,
    > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    > the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    1. Any text they would like summarised, edited, to be expanded later on
    the website. especially a short description of their main company
    business.

    2. Any pictures they feel might fill me in about them, that might be
    used for the website.

    3. Any ideas they have about how they would like things organised in the
    broad. Number of sections, pages, etc.

    This is just a start of a process.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 18, 2009
  7. richard Guest

    On Mon, 18 May 2009 09:41:01 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    >I have never done any web programming before,
    >When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    >What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    >the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    First, you'll need an editing tool. Plenty of free ones to choose
    from.

    Any standard text editor will do.

    Now check out www.oswd.org
    Thousands of various designs to work with.
    Pick a few, work on them, present to client and charge out the ass.

    Oh yeah, and learn html and css in the process.

    richard, May 19, 2009
  8. MotzaBall Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have never done any web programming before,
    > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > What usually do you ask them to hand you ??

    Not knowing anything about web programming, I'd suggest you should ask them
    to hand you cash.

    Then, you should outsource the work.

    MotzaBall, May 19, 2009
  9. William Gill Guest

    wrote:
    > I have never done any web programming before,
    > When soeone asks you to make them a webpage introducing their company
    > What usually do you ask them to hand you ?? do you have to write all
    > the stuff, draw up them logo etc ?

    Any promotional material they already have, a copy of their letterhead,
    business cards, anything that describes what they do and how they do it.
    In short I need to familiarize myself with their logs, corporate color
    schemes, and in a general sense familiarize myself with anything that
    will make their website an extension of them, not an example of what I
    can do.

    William Gill, May 19, 2009