    Take into consideration i am new to ruby . I am a .net developer but
    wanted to imnplement my web in open source s/w .

    thx in advnace

    Ambrose Jeyaprabhuj, Aug 17, 2007

  2. Ambrose Jeyaprabhuj

    Chris Lowis Guest

    > I need to implement a distributed environment which is scalable i. SOA
    > based .

    caboose published an interesting article on scaling up a rails app
    recently, it might give you some insight :

    http://blog.caboo.se/articles/2007/7/29/scale-rails-from-one-box-to-three-four-and-five

    > what webserver can i use ?

    Twitter is a rails app that handles hundreds of requests per second.
    Some insights into their scaling issues are covered in this presentation
    :

    http://www.slideshare.net/Blaine/scaling-twitter

    Good luck !

    Chris

    Chris Lowis, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Ambrose Jeyaprabhuj wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I am about to develope a web application which will have many hits per
    > sec.
    >
    > Decided to use linux , ruby , ajax and DB2 express edtion .

    I'm not familiar with DB2 Express Edition and whether or not it works
    with Rails, but so far you're talking the Rails language.

    > I need to implement a distributed environment which is scalable i. SOA
    > based .
    >
    > Is my choice for RUBY correct i..e can i develope services in ruby ?

    Absolutely! Head over to the Rails list!

    > what webserver can i use ?

    The webserver of choice for Ruby/Rails apps is probably Mongrel.

    > Take into consideration i am new to ruby . I am a .net developer but
    > wanted to imnplement my web in open source s/w .

    Have you looked at "mono"? It's an open source set of ".Net" tools.

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Aug 17, 2007
  4. Another thing you can do is check out IronRuby, the .NET
    implementation of Ruby (put very succinctly). Then you can build web
    services and such the .NET way, but using Ruby as the source language.
    Some of the folks with whom I've discussed IronRuby plan to use it as
    a "bridge" between their existing .NET skills and their future plans
    for RoR.

    Just an idea.

    Rob Standefer, Aug 17, 2007
  5. Alexey Verkhovsky, Aug 18, 2007