web development

FK

dear all,
i am an electronics engineer by profession and have an experience of
six years in research and development area mainly in programming and
simulation in a govt. institution n pakistan.

Now i would be moving to UK shortly as my husband is working there,i
want to switch my field to web development as this seems to be more
creative to me than any other work i have previously done.But since
its a totally new field and am a novice in it i am finding it hard to
find the requirments to get into it.I am studying all the relevant
things like Xhtml,HTML4.01 and Javascript but still am not sure if
that is enough to enter the field with no experience even for a junior
position as all the study i am doing is self study ( experience from
research work :) ).

Could you if so kindly please guide me further as to what steps should
i take as to enter the field or whether or not i should even try
switching fields altogether.Is there a requirement for a degree or
certifications to enter the field of web development.
thankyou
and take care

Chaddy2222

dear all,
i am an electronics engineer by profession and have an experience of
six years in research and development area mainly in programming and
simulation in a govt. institution n pakistan.

Now i would be moving to UK shortly as my husband is working there,i
want to switch my field to web development as this seems to be more
creative to me than any other work i have previously done.But since
its a totally new field and am a novice in it i am finding it hard to
find the requirments to get into it.I am studying all the relevant
things like Xhtml,HTML4.01 and Javascript but still am not sure if
that is enough to enter the field with no experience even for a junior
You should really focus on HTML and CSS for the web page stuff. It
will do all that you need.
From a programming side, learn what ever you like, ASP, PHP, perl
whatever. The server side programming is the stuff that is the most
tricky and as you already have experience programming then it might
work better then design.
position as all the study i am doing is self study ( experience from
research work :) ).

Could you if so kindly please guide me further as to what steps should
i take as to enter the field or whether or not i should even try
switching fields altogether.Is there a requirement for a degree or
certifications to enter the field of web development.
thankyou
and take care
Well as for a degree, it is not really the case, you actually don't
need, but that is the case with a lot of IT relateed work as I
understand it.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:59:21
GMT FK scribed:
dear all,
i am an electronics engineer by profession and have an experience of
six years in research and development area mainly in programming and
simulation in a govt. institution n pakistan.

Now i would be moving to UK shortly as my husband is working there,i
want to switch my field to web development as this seems to be more
creative to me than any other work i have previously done.

Possibly, but ask yourself if it's more lucrative. Or secure.
But since
its a totally new field and am a novice in it i am finding it hard to
find the requirments to get into it.

Basically there are no requirements. -A good line, a little knowledge,
and hop to it.
I am studying all the relevant
things like Xhtml,HTML4.01 and Javascript but still am not sure if
that is enough to enter the field with no experience even for a junior
position as all the study i am doing is self study ( experience from
research work :) ).

Could you if so kindly please guide me further as to what steps should
i take as to enter the field or whether or not i should even try
switching fields altogether.

- From electronics engineering? Uh, I don't think so.
Is there a requirement for a degree or
certifications to enter the field of web development.

Microsoft certification may help with employment, and one does learn
things from the course, but...