    Thanks for any help...

    Cheers,
    Adam

    AJ, Jun 26, 2006

  2. AJ

    Rob Meade Guest

    "AJ" wrote ...

    > Does your web site file structure reflect any modulization in your code?

    In my old ASP stuff not so much, although I would do something like this:

    <root>
    /Images
    /Images/Buttons
    /Images/Icons
    /Images/Misc
    /Documents

    So, some of the content was put into appropriate places, ie, my .pdf's /
    ..doc's would be in the documents directory, my images split into appropriate
    directories...

    If the application I was working on had a bit of a structure, for example,
    an "admin" area, or a "users" area, then typically that would have been in a
    separate directory too...ie.

    <root>
    /admin
    /user

    With the .net stuff I'm doing now I'm trying to be a bit tidier about it,
    data access directories, business logic directories, but it depends on the
    application - its sometimes easier to do this with a windows app as the
    directories get hidden once built, with the web stuff obviously some
    directories would be put into the root also if not using a class library..

    Hope this helps a bit...

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Jun 26, 2006