Web form and Arabic characters...

Greg

I'm having trouble displaying and passing arabic characters from my web
form. I've added requestEncoding="windows-1256"
responseEncoding="windows-1256" to my web.config but it didn't help. I also
added <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=windows-1256"> to the top of the page and that still didn't fix it.

When I submit a form with arabic text it comes out as %e1%c8 instead of the
text. It also displays like this on the web page.

Anyone know what the problem is?

TIA

Mohamed El Ashmawy

Would you please check that when your page is displayed, internet explorer
is using the correct encoding.
You could do that by openning IE on your page that contains the arabic
characters. Choose View->Encoding and check that "Arabic (Windows)" is
selected
Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Greg

Mohamed El Ashmawy said:
Would you please check that when your page is displayed, internet explorer
is using the correct encoding.
You could do that by openning IE on your page that contains the arabic
characters. Choose View->Encoding and check that "Arabic (Windows)" is
selected
Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Thanks for the reply. My browser was set for Arabic (Windows).

I'm having this problem with Norwegian as well, even with changing the page
encoding and my browser encoding. With my ASP script both langauges show up
fine.

Greg

Mohamed El Ashmawy said:
Would you please check that when your page is displayed, internet explorer
is using the correct encoding.
You could do that by openning IE on your page that contains the arabic
characters. Choose View->Encoding and check that "Arabic (Windows)" is
selected
Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

I found the problem... I was accidentally setting the page code in the page.
When I removed it everything was fine.

Mohamed El Ashmawy

Congratulations for finding the problem :)