Web Form Controls Database Access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Bill, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Greetings,

    I'm wondering if someone can give me a clear and concise
    example of how to bind my controls on a web form to a
    datasource.

    The simple binding option in the databindings doesn't
    seem to work. I'm getting an error that specifies that
    my datasource object hasn't been declared.

    ** This is what I'm doing currently. **

    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,
    Dim dscompliancec1 As dscomplianceC

    SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DscomplianceC1, "t_loan_doc")
    If Not (Me.IsPostBack) Then
    Me.DataBind()
    End If
    End Sub

    Private Sub ShowCompliance(ByVal USALoanNum As
    Integer)

    End Sub

    Private Sub btnSave_Click(ByVal sender As
    btnSave.Click

    SqlDataAdapter1.Update(dscompliancec1.t_loan_doc)
    'DscomplianceC1.t_loan_doc.BeginLoadData()
    'DscomplianceC1.AcceptChanges()

    Dim Comp As New dscomplianceC

    Me.txtBLName.Text = ""
    Me.txtBFName.Text = ""