Web Form DataGrid not displaying - please help me!!!

almurph

Hi,

This is weird, please help. Its probably very simple but I'm stuck! I
have populated a dataset with some data from a session variable:

Dim dsTables As DataSet = Session("soLookupTables")

And now I am trying to display it to a DataGrid widget using the
following code:

Dim myTable As DataTable = dsTables.Tables("CNTYNAMES")
Me.DataGrid1.DataSource = myTable.DefaultView

Problem is though - nothing is appearing o nthe Web form page. I've
tried everything

a. try-catches (no errors thrown)
b. Closing down and opening up (no change)
c. DataGrid properties - everything looks okay

There is definitely data in the dataset. 2 tables to be exact. In the
one specified there are 16 rows. I have used code like:

Me.Label1.Text = dsTables.Tables("CNTYNAMES").Rows(0).Item(0)

and have seens some sensible data. I just don't know why the DataGrid
is not displaying. Please help me I'm stuck!!!

Thanks,
Al.

Mike

do you have data in your dataset?
to check that you can do

dataset.writeXML("filename.xml");

and then you can open the XML file and verify you are getting data back.

try that and see what happens,

Mark Rae

Dim myTable As DataTable = dsTables.Tables("CNTYNAMES")
Me.DataGrid1.DataSource = myTable.DefaultView

You have done the first two stages of the three that are required here:

1) Instantiated a DataSet
2) Told your DataGrid that it will be using the DataSet as its DataSource

What you haven't done is actually bind the data to the DataGrid:
Me.DataGrid1.DataBind