    command using the same mix of SQL and LDAP dialects? Any
    help is greatly appreciated.

    mike dot mahon at txdps dot state dot tx dot us
    Mike Mahon, Mar 14, 2005

  2. No, the SQL dialect for AD is read-only.

    There really shouldn't be much difference between using classic ASP and
    System.DirectoryServices to access LDAP resources. They use the same stuff
    under the hood (ADSI and LDAP API). If you are using ASP though, why post
    to a .NET newsgroup?

    Regarding changing passwords on the mainframe, that will depend completely
    on that directory's semantics for changing passwords. They won't be the
    same as AD, so you can't use SetPassword or ChangePassword (which are
    AD-specific).

    Also, when you say "change the network password", what do you mean by that?
    Is the user in a Windows domain as well?

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Mar 14, 2005