    hi all
    I am looking for a forum which was produced by python

    link pls
    Gezer Punta, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Gezer Punta

    Doug Holton Guest

    Gezer Punta wrote:

    > hi all
    > I am looking for a forum which was produced by python

    If you want Zope-based, try Plone. But probably you don't.
    I am not aware of any standard python CGI-based forum software, but I am
    sure you could find one if you search sourceforge or google.

    I am surprised no one else already answered this for you. I guess your
    question was too simple to challenge the large egos here.
    Doug Holton, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Choe, Cheng-Dae, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Gezer Punta

    bitshadow Guest

    I have to say i'm really impressed at that fledgling progject choe, th
    only problem i could see is that it seemed to have problems connectin
    to the database everytime. I think pybbs is a wonderful idea and
    great think to give back to the commnity. I will keep checking on you
    sites for future development.
    good luck and good work

    --
    bitshado
    bitshadow's Profile: http://lampforums.org/member.php?userid=1
    bitshadow, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Gezer Punta

    Guest

    Choe, Cheng-Dae wrote:

    > example site is http://bbs.pythonworld.net:9080/pybbs.py

    Since this seems quite happy to accept posted <script> elements - never
    mind any of the thousand more involved ways to do JavaScript injection
    - I'd like to ask a narrower version of the OP's question:

    >> I'm looking for a web forum preferably in Python *that is
    >> actually secure and does not have cross-site scripting
    >> or other more serious vulnerabilities all over the shop*.

    We all know the PHP messageboards are crap, because PHP is awful at
    security, and encourages application design that is awful at security.

    [Sorry. I must have caught flame mode from this thread.]

    Python should be able to do better. Has anyone done it? No use for such
    a thing myself, but I'd like to be able to recommend something
    positively when I pour scorn on the clods using
    phpSecurityDisasterBoard. (I do a lot of scorn-pouring, because I am
    deep down not a very nice person.)

    Don't see anything in PyPI. Do I have to write everything myself? Gah.
    I need more beer.
    --
    Andrew Clover
    mailto:
  6. Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone, Dec 20, 2004