    ActivePDF?

    Thank you for reading and maybe helping.

    Paul.

    Paul, Feb 2, 2004

  2. There are components (some free) for PDF - ActivePDF is more for the
    conversion of documents and comes with specific licensing, I cant see any
    ISP offering this out of the box as the installation is requires DCOM
    modifcations to the server. You are probably going to require a dedicated
    hosting service.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft Regional Director
    Microsoft MVP
    ------------------------------------
    <blatant plug>
    Professional .NET for Java Developers with C#- ISBN: 1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms - ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition - ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP - ISBN:
    1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development - ISBN: 1861002092
    </blatant plug>
    ------------------------------------

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone use/know of a web hosting provider that they would recommend?
    > We need to generate pdfs on the fly and our current provider does not

    offer

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Feb 2, 2004

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    John,

    Can you recall any specific component? I have been looking for about a week
    now and agree that the licensing of ActivePDF would require an dedicated
    (therefore expensive) setup.

    15seconds.com does not list any component that would allow for merging of
    information into an existing PDF. This is usually my first resource on
    these matters. Any leads would help greatly. Thank you.

    Paul.

    Paul, Feb 2, 2004
  4. You would need a component from adobe (or activePDF were releasing one) that
    allowed you to extract the contents of a PDF back into text, you would then
    have to manipulate the text and other objects and write them out again as a
    PDF. There are .NET PDF components pdf995.com, adcpdf etc. you could do the
    second part with. The first part comes with a whole loads of issues,
    security - protected PDF's - diagrams etc. No easy feat at all I'm afraid.

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Feb 3, 2004