web hosting companies advice sought

Guest

Hi folks,
I'm based in the UK, and I want to upload some ASP.net 2.0 applications
backed by sql server 2005.
I know this might sound naive but does it matter if I subscribe to a company
in the US or UK, is there some kind of lag if I work with a company that's
more router hops away i.e in the US?

Also M6.net offers
• 170GB storage • 1000GB transfer month • 7 Websites• 7 Mail Servers• 70 FTP
Logins• 50 MySQL DB• 2 SQL Server DB• Unlimited domains• FrontPage Supported
• Visual Studio Supported • Dreamweaver supported

+ Free domain
for $108 for 1 year or $186 for 2

link here:
http://www.m6.net/a1small.aspx

I like the fact that the storage is quite voluminous, but this is really a
site for me to try out my ideas and see that they work in a proper domain and
to get into the habit of doing things on a proper remote computer (not
everything on localhost) so some of these parameters might be overkill.

so to recap I need a Domain, Visual Studio 2005/SQL server 2005 support and
a modest-ish amount of space (say 20GB)

do anyone know anything about M6? are they good? can you recommend another
company that might be pretty good in your experience and quite a bit cheaper
or is this a good deal?

many thanks in advance for any of your answers or help
Regards,
CharlesA

Mark Rae

I know this might sound naive but does it matter if I subscribe to a
company
in the US or UK, is there some kind of lag if I work with a company that's
more router hops away i.e in the US?

Depends what sort of pipe they have to their local Internet backbone -
probably not a great deal of difference...
can you recommend another company that might be pretty good in your
experience

I use these for everything:
http://www.hostinguk.net/services/windowsOverView.asp