    war file support ?

    Thanks.

    Perseus
    j, Jan 13, 2004

  2. j

    Ike Guest

    www.javapie.com.

    THere are few products I could recommend as highly.

    "j" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all ,
    >
    > I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am

    quite
    > surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask

    if

    Ike, Jan 13, 2004

  3. j

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:54:46 +0800, "j" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    > I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
    >surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
    >there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
    >war file support ?

    I can't answer your specific question, but I have compiled a list of
    Java-friendly ISPs.

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jan 13, 2004
  4. j

    Arcadius A. Guest

    http://webhostingtalk.com/
    Arcadius A., Jan 14, 2004
  5. "j" <> wrote in message
    | ...does not support hibernate.

    What is 'hibernate'?
    Andrew Thompson, Jan 14, 2004
  6. j

    Mickey Segal Guest

    Mickey Segal, Jan 14, 2004
  7. "Mickey Segal" <> wrote in message
    | "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    | > What is 'hibernate'?
    |
    | http://www.hibernate.org/

    Right, OO xtn to SQL.

    Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
    support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
    use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
    when I finally figure out something to use it for,
    they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)

    Thanks Mickey.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Jan 14, 2004
  8. j

    Mickey Segal Guest

    > Right, OO xtn to SQL.
    >
    > Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
    > support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
    > use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
    > when I finally figure out something to use it for,
    > they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)

    Hibernate was new to me too but I started wondering what I was missing after
    it was mentioned.

    We also use Lunarpages. Aside from sparse documentation for using servlets
    their service seems good. But users can take the initiative in doing
    documentation, such as the Lunarpages part of
    http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html
    Mickey Segal, Jan 14, 2004
  9. j

    newsadict Guest

    www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
    till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
    don't know though would it be for free.

    newsadict, Jan 14, 2004
  10. j

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:27:55 GMT, "newsadict" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
    >till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
    >don't know though would it be for free.

    The problem with free services is they generally insert ad content.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jan 14, 2004