web hosting recommendation

Hi all ,

I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
war file support ?

Thanks.

Perseus

Roedy Green

I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
war file support ?

I can't answer your specific question, but I have compiled a list of
Java-friendly ISPs.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

Arcadius A.

j said:
Hi all ,

I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
war file support ?

http://webhostingtalk.com/

Andrew Thompson

| | > What is 'hibernate'?
|
| http://www.hibernate.org/

Right, OO xtn to SQL.

Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
when I finally figure out something to use it for,
they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)

Thanks Mickey.

Mickey Segal

Andrew Thompson said:
Right, OO xtn to SQL.

Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
when I finally figure out something to use it for,
they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)

Hibernate was new to me too but I started wondering what I was missing after
it was mentioned.

We also use Lunarpages. Aside from sparse documentation for using servlets
their service seems good. But users can take the initiative in doing
documentation, such as the Lunarpages part of
http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html

newsadict

www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
don't know though would it be for free.

Roedy Green

www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
don't know though would it be for free.

The problem with free services is they generally insert ad content.