Web interface to view 8,000 PDF files? Only need to search by filename.

SW Monkey

Is there a web interface that I could setup to view out 8,000 PDF
files? I dont need to search for anything internally in the PDF, just
by the filename.

Something would be nice like this, say i have a file called 11234.pdf,
when I start typing 112, it automatically filters to all files with 112

in the beginning of the filename.

Anyone know of something like this off-hand?

Travis Newbury

SW said:
Something would be nice like this, say i have a file called 11234.pdf,
when I start typing 112, it automatically filters to all files with 112
in the beginning of the filename.
Anyone know of something like this off-hand?

Flash

Andy Dingley

SW said:
Is there a web interface that I could setup to view out 8,000 PDF
files? I dont need to search for anything internally in the PDF, just
by the filename.

Sounds like a perfect job for AJAX and a small amount of server-side
scripting. It's about the right level of complexity for a learning
exercise.

You can't do it purely in Flash, you're still going to need the
server-side code that returns partial directory sets.

Next question is what you're hosting it on, and what scripting language
your web server offers. PHP, most likely.

Hywel Jenkins

Andy Dingley said:
Sounds like a perfect job for AJAX and a small amount of server-side
scripting. It's about the right level of complexity for a learning
exercise.

You can't do it purely in Flash, you're still going to need the
server-side code that returns partial directory sets.

Next question is what you're hosting it on, and what scripting language
your web server offers. PHP, most likely.

I agree. AJAX would do this very well, and you could easily fall-back
to simple form/submit for browsers that don't agree with your AJAX code.