Web Login Form question

Discussion in 'Java' started by Erez, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Erez

    Erez Guest

    Hi,

    I am running JBoss/Tomcat/Struts using the JAAS for handling the application
    security aspects. I have used the <auth-method>FORM</auth-method> clauses
    inside the Web.xml file.

    In my web site I want to have the site home page to have also a small login
    form where the user could enter username and password and login to the site.
    The home page, contains other links as well, which lead to other parts of
    the site or even to external pages on other sites.

    From what I've read so far, it seems to me that the FORM method is activated
    only when the web user tries to access a protected page. Then the Web Server
    (Tomcat in my case) returns the loginPage stated in the Web.xml file, and
    only after the login is performed (j_security_check) the Tomcat then
    redirects the web user to the original portected page.

    Is it possible to have the site home page as the login page still using
    mechanisms of FORM and JAAS? If so I would really appreciate any help on how
    to do it, and what are the configurations required.

    Thanks,
    Erez

    Erez, Jul 8, 2003