web matrix and notepad users...

Matt

What's the general opinion of matrix and notepad users vs. VS.Net users?

I started VS.Net, had a problem with it, uninstalled it, and tried Web
Matrix and Notepad. I liked how I could easily open files and work with my
code pretty quickly.

For the record, I tried the codebehind also, just to see how it works, by
placing this in a file:

<%@ Page Inherits="Index.MyCodeBehind" Src="index.aspx.vb" %>

To me, the obvious difference between VS.Net and Matrix/Notepad is the
codebehind.

Is it somehow "wrong" to not use codebehind?

Thanks.

Matt

Guest

It depends on what u want to do!
VS.NEt is good for big projects and its has intellisense..
The ball is in your court!@
Enjoy!
Patrick

Juan T. Llibre [MVP]

I view this as a code security issue.

If you use Web Matrix, you won't compile assemblies
and must publish your source code to the server.

While Web Matrix is an easy way to learn to code,
safely deploying your applications in a professional
manner requires that you compile your code into
assemblies and publish *that*, plus your .aspx, .asmx,
xml, etc, instead of publishing your source code.

Juan T. Llibre
===========

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

Nothing wrng with not using code behind, but you might want to think about
putting some logic into DLLs and referencing them to make your application a
little more protected.'

I actually prefer the SDK for small jobs with a few files, but VS.NET is
pretty vital if your looking for the performance gains an IDE of its quality
can bring to your project.

--
Regards

John Timney