Web Method Returning XmlDocument/IXPathNavigable and FxCop

JimLad

Hi,

FXCop is telling me I should be returning IXPathNavigable instead of
XMLDocument from my Web Method, but when I try to do it it says it
can't serialize the IXPathNavigable. Anyone know what the trick here
or is FxCop just wrong?

Cheers,

James

Gregory A. Beamer

Without seeing the code, I could not tell you. I can say, however, that
there are times where I completely ignore FXCop. :)

JimLad

Cheers Gregory.

That was my conclusion too. Given that the web method just gets
serialised, there's no difference between an interface and an object
in this case. FXCop is just showing it's limitations...

Many thanks,

James