    Does anybody a web page that provides the performance requirements
    for operations on STL containers?

    Many thanks in advance, Stephan

    Stephan Br?nnimann, Nov 10, 2003

  2. "Stephan Br?nnimann" <> wrote...
    > I know there's a lot of literature around ... however I'm usually mobile
    > and do not want to carry all the books with me. Therefore my question:
    >
    > Does anybody a web page that provides the performance requirements
    > for operations on STL containers?

    Get the electronic version of the Standard. It contains the requirements
    you're talking about.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Stephan Br?nnimann

    P.J. Plauger Guest

    "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephan Br?nnimann" <> wrote...
    > > I know there's a lot of literature around ... however I'm usually mobile
    > > and do not want to carry all the books with me. Therefore my question:
    > >
    > > Does anybody a web page that provides the performance requirements
    > > for operations on STL containers?

    > Get the electronic version of the Standard. It contains the requirements
    > you're talking about.

    You might also memorize this short table:

    vector deque list set/map

    insert/erase N N constant log N

    prepend (N) constant constant (log N)

    find(val) (N) (N) (N) log N

    X[N] constant constant (N) (N)

    pointers 0 1 2 3

    NOTES: (N) or (log N) -- time complexity for operations
    not directly supported by member functions

    It's from an old column I wrote on STL containers (C/C++ Users
    Journal, December 1996.

    P.J. Plauger
    Dinkumware, Ltd.
    http://www.dinkumware.com