Web page for STL container performace requirements?

Stephan Br?nnimann

I know there's a lot of literature around ... however I'm usually mobile
and do not want to carry all the books with me. Therefore my question:

Does anybody a web page that provides the performance requirements
for operations on STL containers?

Many thanks in advance, Stephan

Victor Bazarov

Stephan Br?nnimann said:
I know there's a lot of literature around ... however I'm usually mobile
and do not want to carry all the books with me. Therefore my question:

Does anybody a web page that provides the performance requirements
for operations on STL containers?

Get the electronic version of the Standard. It contains the requirements
you're talking about.

P.J. Plauger

Get the electronic version of the Standard. It contains the requirements
you're talking about.

You might also memorize this short table:

vector deque list set/map

insert/erase N N constant log N

prepend (N) constant constant (log N)

find(val) (N) (N) (N) log N

X[N] constant constant (N) (N)

pointers 0 1 2 3

NOTES: (N) or (log N) -- time complexity for operations
not directly supported by member functions

It's from an old column I wrote on STL containers (C/C++ Users
Journal, December 1996.

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com