web page hangs after login

psb

I make a website for a company where sales reps from all over the country
order literature. This is the 4th case where the exact same thing is
happening in the almost the exact same setup -The website hangs. The user is
able to login with username/password via a webpage with a form
authentication. Once they are in the site, they can't do any more form
submissions. It hangs if they try to add items to their cart and so on...
They can navigate pages that are simple hrefs with querystrings, but no form
submissions. Here is the common part. All of these 4 have very good
setups... DSL, ROUTER, MSInternet Explorer 5.5+, Window98orXP. I have
narrowed it down to either the router that these people used to make their
network (linksys/netgear) or the forms authentication methods I am using.
It seems like when I authenticate the user it fails to write something to
the cookie, but still allows the user to get into the site. has anyone
heard of anything like this??

thanks,
~psb