Web page is too slow when running at the first times

Sara T.

Do we have the way to run my web page at the first times that is not SLOW ?

I realize that comes from compiling to machine code at the first times. But
there could have some way to recompile manually.

suzy

if you are using visual studio.net then press CTRL+SHIFT+B to compile the
code without running it.

then keep an instance of internet explorer running where you can view your
page.

is this what you mean?

Sara T.

I thought that when we compile my code to a *.dll file in VS.NET, it's just
compiled to IL but when the first times we run, it compile again to native
code that makes the web page slow.

So, it could have the better way to make the page faster if it is not
compiled.

Scott M.

Keep in mind that in addition to compiling the IL to machine code, temporary
class files are created and held in IIS during this first run. If you have
many pages in your web site but generally low volume for the site, you could
actually decrease the overall performance of your web server by pre-hitting
all your pages.