    uploads. I've googled till I'm blue in the face and I can't seem to
    find any direction on this. Anybody?
    TIA, RJ

    RJ, Sep 17, 2006

  2. RJ wrote:
    > My web space on my ISP wants the first file FTP'd up to be named
    > index.htm which I know is necessary to open your page. What I want to
    > do is open up a utilitarian (ala-linux FTP sites) directory tree in
    > which I can upload primarily .jpg images and be able to call them from
    > eBay and the like. I know there are free-b image hosting sites but this
    > has become sort of a challenge. I can make the HTML code make images
    > available, but it won't re-index and add the new images on subsequent
    > uploads. I've googled till I'm blue in the face and I can't seem to
    > find any direction on this. Anybody?
    > TIA, RJ

    HTML will not *do* anything, hence your problem. HTML is markup and not
    a programing language, what you need is a server-side script. Easy to do
    with PHP if your hosting supports server-side. Also if your hosting is
    Apache and .htaccess is allowed your can turn on indexes for an image
    folder, (no HTML) required.

    BTW if you are just hosting your images on this site, you do not need a
    HTML or a listing to host images for eBay. As long as *you* know the
    url to the image when your enter your listing in eBay just enter it
    directly:

    http://www.example.com/myEbayImages/somePix.jpg

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.example.com/myEbayImages/somePix.jpg

    > I would use all lower-case letters, though. Far less confusing down the
    > road, eh?

    In practice, yes, but for example purposes where I wanted to convey the
    message and not a real path I used camel-caps...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 17, 2006
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> In practice, yes, but for example purposes where I wanted to convey
    >> the message and not a real path I used camel-caps...

    > Was that a camel joke?

    Nope, just a term for alternating capitalization in variable names in
    programing.

    > http://www.masher.co.uk/Misc/Humour/Jokes/camel_joke.htm

    Good one!
    > or...
    > http://k75s.home.att.net/camel.html

    An Oldie but Goodie.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 18, 2006
  7. RJ

    David Segall Guest

    RJ <> wrote:

    >My web space on my ISP wants the first file FTP'd up to be named
    >index.htm which I know is necessary to open your page. What I want to
    >do is open up a utilitarian (ala-linux FTP sites) directory tree in
    >which I can upload primarily .jpg images and be able to call them from
    >eBay and the like. I know there are free-b image hosting sites but this
    >has become sort of a challenge. I can make the HTML code make images
    >available, but it won't re-index and add the new images on subsequent
    >uploads. I've googled till I'm blue in the face and I can't seem to
    >find any direction on this. Anybody?
    >TIA, RJ

    You can't do this without either using a program on the server or
    preparing the images and the HTML pages before you upload them. I use
    the freeware JAlbum <http://jalbum.net/> for the latter. JAlbum allows
    you to maintain the directory trees on your computer, generate the web
    content from templates and CSS that you choose, and upload the result
    to your ISP. It is very flexible so, if you don't like any of their
    output formats, you can write your own and it works under any
    operating system.

    David Segall, Sep 18, 2006