    :)

    I've found HTMLDOC (http://www.htmldoc.org/) which is licensed under GNU GPL.
    What exactly does it mean? Can it be used with commercial web sites?
    Hvid Hat, Jun 12, 2008

  2. I have a client requesting the same thing. I don't see a way to do it (short
    of generating the PDF file from scratch). Even if you used HTMLDOC, where
    does the server get the HTML code from? I know it creates it, but it then
    sends it across the wire. How would you obtain the entire HTML file?

    --
    Jonathan Wood
    SoftCircuits Programming

    Jonathan Wood, Jun 13, 2008

  3. I just completed a glowing review of this product:
    http://www.html-to-pdf.net/

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 13, 2008
  4. Hvid Hat

    Igor Guest

    Igor, Jun 13, 2008
  5. Hvid Hat

    bruce barker Guest

    generally a commerical site can use gnu gpl software:

    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html

    you should check with your legal staff to see if your company can live with
    the rules (most apply if modifiy the source).

    you should test it first to see if you are happy with the results. most open
    source html-pdf have rather primative html rendering engines. most commerical
    products use IE to render the html, then use a psuedo pdf printer to get the
    pdf output by telling IE to do a print.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 13, 2008