WEB page to read a single lined text file

JMG

Hi All,
I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this question, but
I'm hoping so :). My problem is that I have a text file containing 5
sets of passwords on a single line space delimited line, which is used
to change passwords on a daily basis via DOS batch files (don't get me
started on why we have to do it this way, we just do...>:) )

ie Monpassword Tuepassword Wedpassword Thurpassword Fripassword > in
passwords.txt

I'm hoping to create a WEB page to read the passwords.txt file and
display each password depending on what day it is being accessed on
rather than giving out a printed sheet of paper that keeps getting
lost or emailing as the same thing happens, they print it and leave it
lying around)....

Is this a possiblity, if so is anyone able to assist me in getting
some working code, or at least a reference site which might help ?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I have very little to no html or ASP programming experience, so
please keep that in mind :)

Ben Rush

Yes, it's totally possible. The question is what type of development stuff
(compilers, etc) do you have at your disposal and what type of
infrastructure (ASP.Net 1.x, ASP.Net 2.0, ASP, PHP, etc) do you have? I
presume you're running IIS and so have ASP.Net, at least, installed (hence
you coming here).

If you need quick pointers, this is definitely the place for you, but if you
need more than just a bit of help you can email me at ben AT
sideshowsystems.com and we can chat a bit more. This question of yours is
more an implementation-specific one than anything generally related to
ASP.Net - ie, I could post code, but do you know what to do with it?

JMG

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I really don't know what the differences are, basically the server is
an IIS with the normal ASP plugin from the server 2003 CD - this is
just the only asp page I saw when I searched....

As for your question would I know what to do with the code, I guess I
would sort it out fairly quicky if I have a base to work with thats
better than what I have at the moment, as I don't want to waste too
much of your time.