Web page with .cfm links

OccasionalFlyer

This will probably seem pretty basic, but I'm trying to determine
from looking at a web page, what technologies are being used (http://
www.pitts.emory.edu/). I see links for things that end in .cfm. I'm
not familiar with that. I did a Google search and found a wide array
of things that cfm might stand for, but I'm hoping in a web page HTML
context that it has one clear meaning. Can anyone tell me what that is
please? I understand .htm, .html, .js, jsp,..css, and aspx, but
not .cfm. Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

OccasionalFlyer said:
This will probably seem pretty basic, but I'm trying to determine
from looking at a web page, what technologies are being used (http://
www.pitts.emory.edu/). I see links for things that end in .cfm. I'm
not familiar with that. I did a Google search and found a wide array
of things that cfm might stand for, but I'm hoping in a web page HTML
context that it has one clear meaning. Can anyone tell me what that is
please? I understand .htm, .html, .js, jsp,..css, and aspx, but
not .cfm. Thanks.

ColdFusion server-side scripting (an $$$ alternative to open source PHP
& Perl which I believe runs on MS servers)

OccasionalFlyer

ColdFusion server-side scripting (an $$$ alternative to open source PHP
& Perl which I believe runs on MS servers)

Thanks. Yes, that does sound like an expensive alternative,
especailly when one could code .aspx with the free express version of
Visual Web Developer or Java with any number of open-source tools, as
well as PHP.