    context that it has one clear meaning. Can anyone tell me what that is
    please? I understand .htm, .html, .js, jsp,..css, and aspx, but
    not .cfm. Thanks.

    OccasionalFlyer, Feb 14, 2010

  2. OccasionalFlyer wrote:
    > This will probably seem pretty basic, but I'm trying to determine
    > from looking at a web page, what technologies are being used (http://
    > www.pitts.emory.edu/). I see links for things that end in .cfm. I'm
    > not familiar with that. I did a Google search and found a wide array
    > of things that cfm might stand for, but I'm hoping in a web page HTML
    > context that it has one clear meaning. Can anyone tell me what that is
    > please? I understand .htm, .html, .js, jsp,..css, and aspx, but
    > not .cfm. Thanks.

    ColdFusion server-side scripting (an $$$ alternative to open source PHP
    & Perl which I believe runs on MS servers)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 14, 2010

  3. On Feb 13, 5:59 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > OccasionalFlyer wrote:
    > >    This will probably seem pretty basic, but I'm trying to determine
    > > from looking at a web page, what technologies are being used (http://
    > >www.pitts.emory.edu/).  I see links for things that end in .cfm.  I'm
    > > not familiar with that.  I did a Google search and found a wide array
    > > of things that cfm might stand for, but I'm hoping in a web page HTML
    > > context that it has one clear meaning. Can anyone tell me what that is
    > > please?  I understand .htm, .html, .js, jsp,..css, and aspx, but
    > > not .cfm.  Thanks.

    > ColdFusion server-side scripting (an $$$ alternative to open source PHP
    > & Perl which I believe runs on MS servers)
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Thanks. Yes, that does sound like an expensive alternative,
    especailly when one could code .aspx with the free express version of
    Visual Web Developer or Java with any number of open-source tools, as
    well as PHP.

    OccasionalFlyer, Feb 14, 2010