Web Parts and Profile Provider

Paul Cheetham

Hi,

I am developing an application in which I want to use Web Parts that
will be customised by user.
However I have a small problem in that I handle the user accounts and
logins in custom classes which are not related to ASp.Net Membership
providers.

Because of this I get an exception when trying to change anything in the
web parts, because using the default providers there is no logged on user.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can go about solving this and what might
be the best solution?
- Do I need to create a new membership provider and / or a new profile
provider, or is there an easier way.

Thankyou.

Paul Cheetham