Web photo album with mutiple resolutions?

Bruce Chastain

Does anyone know of a software package that will automate the creation of
web pages for a photo album, that supports mutiple resoltions per thumbnail?

In other words, more than one link underneath each thumbnail (e.g 640x480,
1280x1024), or a drill down approach that each double click on an image
takes you to the next higher resolution file.

I know I can do that manually, but I'm looking for web creation software
that will automate that process.

Thanks,
Bruce.

VinnyH

Anyone have a copy of SPGM, their site is down at the moment and I'm psyched
to try it. I searched but couldn't find any other download links, they all
refer to the sourceforge site.

Thanks,
Vinny
(e-mail address removed)

alt255

Anyone have a copy of SPGM, their site is down at the moment and I'm
psyched to try it. I searched but couldn't find any other download
links, they all refer to the sourceforge site.

Thanks,
Vinny
(e-mail address removed)

Ouch, never seen sourceforge down before...

Do you know the exact filename? If you do search for it on google.

VinnyH

Their site is back up. There was a message page siting maintenance as the
reason they were down.

Got the download.

Best to all,
Vinny

Greg Schmidt

Does anyone know of a software package that will automate the creation of
web pages for a photo album, that supports mutiple resoltions per thumbnail?

In other words, more than one link underneath each thumbnail (e.g 640x480,
1280x1024), or a drill down approach that each double click on an image
takes you to the next higher resolution file.

I know I can do that manually, but I'm looking for web creation software
that will automate that process.

I use IDS (http://ids.sourceforge.net/). The latest version is over a
year old now, and I'm not sure what the status of the project is now.
However, it does a good job for me (http://greg.trawna.com/photos/).
Resolution selection is done with a drop-down, although I'm sure it
wouldn't be difficult to modify it to use a list of links if you prefer.
There are a couple of bugs I've fixed in my local copy, mainly related
to the web-based administration tool; let me know if you'd like a patch
file.

Bruce Chastain

Greg Schmidt said:
I use IDS (http://ids.sourceforge.net/). The latest version is over a
year old now, and I'm not sure what the status of the project is now.
However, it does a good job for me (http://greg.trawna.com/photos/).
Resolution selection is done with a drop-down, although I'm sure it
wouldn't be difficult to modify it to use a list of links if you prefer.
There are a couple of bugs I've fixed in my local copy, mainly related
to the web-based administration tool; let me know if you'd like a patch
file.

That looks like a great little program, but unfortunately, I'm Windows and
the minimum requirements are IIS 5.0 which I don't have.

Thanks anyway.

Bruce.