web programming and logging

Herman Chan

Hi:

I am facing this problem lately and wonders if anyone in here has any
suggestions.

I have this 2-tier web app that is written in perl. Perl script is
both install in the client computer and server computer. The scripts
located in client computer talks to the script in the server computer
and send HTTP request and response back and forth. Now, we need a
logging procedure in place for this system. I have the generally
logging system in place. However, I don't know how to log stuff when
someone close the browser while waiting for the server to response, or
logging a server failure. Do anyone here has any suggestion?

Thanks
Herman