Web project and VSS (source safe)

Rusty

My team and I all use VS.NET 2003 and we develop in the same
solution/projects. One project is web services and one is the web
application. We seem to have problems if people try to add methods to
the web services because people have to a lot of checking out and
checking in of objects in the solution.

As all of you are surely aware, every web reference has 4 objects. A
folder, a disco file, a wsdl, a map, and a cs file.

When you're working on a team, should all of these be checked into
source safe? That's what ours are and it seems to be a pain.

Any suggestions?

Rusty

Thanks Karl, I have read them a few months ago and will go over them
again. But what's your opinion about checking in web references?
Specifically these files disco, wsdl, map, and cs?

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Well, disco, wsdl and map are all output file. I think it's sound practice
to exclude these from your main source control repository. You can keep
output files in a separate location if you want/need. Not really sure which
"cs" file you are refering to. If it's a source code file, then obviously it
would be the main thing you add to your source control.

Karl

Bob