Web reference - Reference.cs cannot be updated

ToTo

Hello all,

I don't know, if this is a bug or by design, or what ever..., but if I have
a web reference to a web service, that makes a typed dataset available, some
properties will not be updated on reference, when I change it in the original
XSD.
For example:
I have a dll containing a typed dataset DS with a table, that has a field,
that is of type string and has a property "NullValue" (throw exception).
A WebService returns an object of type DS and for that reason there exists a
web reference, that makes DS available to application calling the webservice.
So, if I change the property "NullValue" to (Empty) on XSD of the dll, it
will not be updated at the schema on web reference. But, if I add a new field
to typed dataset DS, reference will be updated. Also the properties like
length, datatype ore caption will be updated.

What is wrong there? Something overlooked?

John Saunders

ToTo said:
[...]

This appears to be a deficiency. Another poster on
microsoft.public.framework.webservices posted the same problem. See the
thread "Web Reference Dataset Bug".

John