web requests and mobile requests

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Fernando Arámburu, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. Hello everybody,

    I´m working on a web application and I need to make a difference between
    a page called from a PC and one made from Mobile because I need to do a
    transfer to diferent pages,

    Do I make myself clear?

    For example I got my mail page on

    www.mysite.com/index.aspx

    and I need to verify

    if (user is calling me from mobile)
    Server.Transfer("indexMobile.aspx");
    else
    Server.Transfer("indexWeb.aspx");

    but I don´t know how to ask "user is calling me from mobile"
    Is that possible?

    Thanks in advance

    Fernando Arámburu
    Fernando Arámburu, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Fernando Arámburu

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Fernando Arámburu wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I´m working on a web application and I need to make a difference
    > between a page called from a PC and one made from Mobile because I
    > need to do a transfer to diferent pages,
    >
    > Do I make myself clear?
    >
    > For example I got my mail page on
    >
    > www.mysite.com/index.aspx
    >
    > and I need to verify
    >
    > if (user is calling me from mobile)
    > Server.Transfer("indexMobile.aspx");
    > else
    > Server.Transfer("indexWeb.aspx");
    >
    > but I don´t know how to ask "user is calling me from mobile"
    > Is that possible?

    You could use the User-Agent header to tell what kind of browser sent
    the request. Have a look at System.Web.HttpRequest.Browser.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto: