    Wes Groleau

    It’s the Law!
    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW?itemid=93

    Wes Groleau, Apr 20, 2011

  2. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    On 04-21-2011 16:56, Eli the Bearded wrote:
    > In comp.lang.perl.misc, Wes Groleau<> wrote:
    >> And that request is failing because FireFox won't allow me
    >> to accept wsp's SSL certificate. (Which is presumably a FireFox
    >> issue, but I wish WSP would keep recording while I fight with FF.)

    > I've never used the program, but I see in the README file bug list:
    > Wsp.pl does not recover from aborted browser requests.
    > Do not press stop. Do not load another page until the
    > current page loads completely.
    >
    > So I think the problem is correctly described by you as a FireFox
    > issue, compounded by the aborted request bug. I have no problems
    > getting FireFox to accept various non-conformant certs. I do this
    > regularly when testing webpages.

    OK, I think you are suggesting that the delay of FF asking me what to do
    about the cert is being interpreted by WSP as an "aborted browser
    request" ? And then the reason I can't get FF to accept the cert is
    that the provider of the cert is no longer running?

    Sad, but understandable. Then your suggested workaround also makes
    sense. Thanks.

    Unfortunately, when I turned off the proxy and tried to go to the site
    directly, it demanded I use Internet Explorer only (hard to do on a Mac)
    and insisted (falsely) that my caps-lock was on.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    There are two types of people in the world …
    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1157

    Wes Groleau, Apr 22, 2011