Web serrvices authentication and ajax

Pedro Ferreira

Hello,

Is there any standard way to consume web services that require
authentication from an ajax client proxy?

We have an asp.net web site working with forms authentication, and now we
would like to add some web services to be called from javascript on the
browser. We are using the ScriptMethodAttribute to decorate the web services,
and registering them with the script manager to make them available from
javascript.

Now if I add some sort of authentication on the service, how do I integrate
it with the forms authentication already existent on the page?

Any tips or links to best practices would be helpful.

Thanks,

Pedro